Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Very, Very Happy New Year


Laura and Dylan was so excited to greet the new year. Laura was more thrilled. She was busy preparing the gifts under the Christmas tree and she dressed up as early as 7pm. She wore polka dots, our tradition for the new year. I myself woke up late as usual around 4pm. I had my New Year's Party at Bliss the night before.

My mom came to the house around 7pm bringing all our food for the Buena Noche, midnight dinner. Our dinner was dinuguan, my favorite dish, menudo and spaghetti. No chicken is allowed since my children are allergic. No ice cream too.

The children stayed at my room then around 8pm we went down to have our dinner. It was fun having dinners when my mom is at my house. She's quite a disciplinarian and we sometimes argue on how to discipline my children. I'm more lenient since I want my kids to have their own opinion unlike myself where I struggled for quite a long time to know what I want since my mom is so bent on forcing us to do what she wants. Anyway, our dinner was fun.

I went back to my room and the kids ransacked their toys and started playing. I had a nap for 2 hours and about 10 pm I woke up to take a bath and get dressed.

The fireworks are amazing still but not that many anymore. I saw a light lantern for the first time today. It's so beautiful. You lit it up with a candle and the lantern will fly. I have seen it on television but when I saw it live since our neighbor have them, I was amazed. It's like an angel flying away in the midnight sky. That was the highlight of this New Year's 2012 fireworks.

Around 1pm we went down to have our midnight dinner. I played the Christmas cd of Andrea Bocelli. He has a very soothing voice that Laura began to sing with him too. At the dinner table, my brother commented that I'm getting fat already. Now I'm a bit alarmed. I really have to loose weight. I have to take care of myself more. That's one of my resolve this 2012.













Around 3 am, I tucked my children to bed. I plan to watch the Disney show tomorrow at the Araneta Coliseum.

No comments:

Post a Comment