Thursday, January 19, 2012

Unsatisfactory Sewing of Swimwear

I went to Kamuning again to check if my long sleeves are ready. Unfortunately, it's not yet done as usual. The long sleeves are short on the sleeves and it seems to be tight. Anyway, I won't complain anymore, lesson learned. Next time, I should know the length of my shoulders just to make sure. I'm just dissappointed since I  had a lot of shirts made.

I went to the maker of my swimwear and I was not really expecting that the made will be nice. True enough, it was dismal. Swimwear is really hard to make that's why I'm not really complaining. The fee for the men's bikini is at 200 pesos each. Quite expensive. Anyway, I will still search for somebody who can really make nice swimwear.

I'm not really complaining since he was able to finish the swimwear on time. Now, I can start photographing the underwear.

I also bought new fabrics around 6 yards. I also gave him a new style. I hope his workmanship will improve. It would be better if it will improve so I can price very well my swimwear.

The 6 yards is about 1,200 pesos and will yield about 36 pieces of swimwear. Fabric cost is only 35 pesos plus the labor charge of 200. Then the cost price is 235 pesos.  I will probably sell the swimwear at 350 or 390. Not bad at all.

I also bought a nice velvet with floral accent. I had them made into a varsity jacket. The labor of a varsity jacket is only 500 pesos. I'll check if the workmanship is ok then I'll have several made.

I'm just happy that I'm able to actually produce new stuff for my online store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment