Sunday, January 1, 2012

What a Noche Buena Feast 2011

Christmas eve is more exciting to me nowadays because I have kids. When I was a bachelor, I felt something missing in my life. When I adopted 2 kids, I feel complete. I don't know why. I'm happy being single. I'm not really looking for a partner.

It's a good thing that my mother lives near my place. I gave her money to prepare our Noche Buena feast. I asked for dinuguan. It's my favorite food. It should always be present during Christmas or any special occasion. Dinuguan and spaghetti and I'm all set.

Dinuguan is Pig's blood. It's my favorite dish ever since I was small. I really have to know how to prepare this food. Other dishes that my mom made were Menudo and Chicken Curry. The menudo, I don't really like, but the Chicken Curry was delicious. I also bought chocolate cake at Red Ribbon. No ice cream since it's forbidden for my kids.

The spaghetti is just so so, but I'm not really a picky eater. I always eat what is prepared for me. That is also the same for my kids. I always train them to eat what's on the table. No fuss at all. I don't want them to be brats when they grow up.

My daughter Laura was so excited on opening their gifts. Actually, all of the gifts that are under the Christmas tree is for my two kids. I was so happy shopping for them. It's a fun sight looking at them while opening their gifts. You can really see that they are so excited. They even hugged me if they liked their gift. My son Dylan was jumping over and over when he saw a Lightning McQueen Slippers. He wore it right away and was so happy. That alone really made me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment